|Grilled Peaches with Prosciutto, Rocket and Aged Balsamic
Recipe by Chef Andy Bunn, Cafe Sopra
6 peaches, halved, stoned
1 1/2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra. to brush and drizzle
1 bunch rocket, trimmed
1 head baby endive (frisee), trimmed, torn
2 tsp aged balsamic vinegar
12 slices prosciutto
1. Preheat a chargrill pan or barbeque over medium heat. Press peaches, cut-size down, onto a piece of paper towel to dry, then brush cut sides with olive oil. Oil the chargrill pan or barbeque and grill the peaches in batches, skin-side down first, for 2 minutes each side or until charred and warmed through.
2. Place rocket and endive in a bow, drizzle with 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil and 2 tsp balsamic, season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, then toss gently to combine.
3. To serve, layer salad, grilled peaches and prosciutto in a shallow bowl, then drizzle with a little extra olive oil and balsamic.
|By: Chef Andy Bunn|
- Grilled peaches: A lazy dessert chef’s dream (salon.com)
- Peach and Arugula Salad (christiescorner.com)
- Recipe: Ricotta and Peach Crostini With Pistachios (nytimes.com)