‘Jivamukti Yoga in Paradise’ Thailand with Keith Kempis
29th September – 4th October, 2011
Last year Jivamukti Yoga Sydney (formerly Samadhi Yoga) students attended the studio’s first overseas yoga holiday. They will be travelling overseas once more and this time to the amazing Khao Lak Orchid Beach Resort, Phang Nga PHUKET, Thailand.
Join us for 6 days of yoga, rest and relaxation. Keith will be teaching and will be joined by and assisted by Jivamukti Yoga Sydney co-director Gabrielle; please join us!
“The experience was overwhelmingly positive and the group size enabled a practice both challenging and nurturing to all skill levels of the yogis who attended. The people who attended were warm and shared similar yoga focus granting an entirely cathartic event.” Tony (student at Jivamukti Yoga’s first International retreat)
The retreat includes:
* 6 nights stay (option of single / double occupancy with surcharge)
* Two yoga classes per day (one will be a dynamic vinyasa style the other will be more restorative and include meditation / relaxation)
* One very special evening of satsang including ecstatic chant
* There will be free time to explore at your leisure, historic Ta Kuapa town and local temples
* Daily American breakfast each day (with vegan/vegetarian option). Khao Lak Orchid will be providing a gourmet vegan restaurant and room service menu
* Have the opportunity to offer alms (food offerings) to the forest monks every morning; making merit for future good karma
* By simply going on this retreat, we are helping to re-energize the local economy as Khao Lak is now experiencing a resurgance after the Boxing Day Tsunami
* Did we mention that we will be immersed in Southern Thai culture and hospitality 🙂
* Airport transfers
* A one hour Thai massage
COST: ONLY $1290! (if booked before 31st July; $1500 after 1st August)
Price includes all taxes/services. Only other costs would be return airfares & meals at local prices.
Numbers are limited. For more information or to book please click on above link ‘book courses & events online’ tab or contact us (02) 9517 3280
About the retreat venue:
‘Khao Lak Orchid Beach Resort is a unique luxury boutique resort set in Paradise. ‘The Orchid’ as it is known locally, is designed in Thai colonial style, amongst lush tropical gardens. It is a very short walk to Khuk Kak (private) beach and many rooms have a beach view. The rooms at the Orchid are immaculately presented. You have the option of dining at Fragrans Restaurant in the main wing of the Orchid, or Verve 29, set right on Khuk Kak beach; and our room service menu has many international options.
Relax by our main pool, our children’s pool or our lap pool. Enjoy the convenience of our swim-up bar. Indulge with your choice of Thai massage and other beauty treatments at our in-house Vanda Spa, garden hut or in the convenience and privacy of your room. Our Fitness Center is located in the main wing.
If you need to keep in touch, we have a Guest Office and all rooms have WIFI access.
Our aim at the Orchid is simply to be at your service with the finest that Thai hospitality has to offer. Our friendly staff will ensure a truly memorable experience.
The Orchid was recently used as the setting for the upcoming international film, ‘The Impossible‘; the inspiring true story of one Spanish family’s survival after the Boxing Day Tsunami, starring Naomi Watts and Ewan McGregor (the story took place at the Orchid).’