1/4 cup chopped almonds or walnuts
1/3 cup (80 grams) butter, melted
2 x 250g block philly cheese
3/4 cup thickened cream
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs lightly beaten
2 tablespoons cornflour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
Combine biscuit crumbs, nuts and butter and press into the base of a lined (line tin with foil) greased 22cm springform pan. Chill.
Beat philly with electric mixer for 2 minutes until smooth.
Add cream, sugar, eggs, cornflour and cinnamon – continue beating until well mixed.
Top base with pears.
Pour philly over pear and bake in lower half of oven for 1 hour 15 minutes at 180 degrees celsius.
Allow to cool slightly in the oven.
Cool in fridge before serving.
- Pear and ginger cake (colesonline.com.au)
- Autumn Pear Cake…. (rollinoatstampa.com)
- How to choose, prepare and grow pears (telegraph.co.uk)
- City Kitchen: The First Pear Salad of Fall – City Kitchen (nytimes.com)
- Tarts and Tarts Part 4: Blue Cheese Pear Dessert Tart (frshforce.wordpress.com)
- Thin Pear Tart (deliciousparadox1213.wordpress.com)