Child friendly premises are a great way to keep adults happy, too, writes Harriet Alexander in Good Living on August 31st, 2010.
The 5 cafes listed are:
- Bellagio Cafe 285 Bronte Road, Waverley, 9387 1562.
- Mean Fiddler Cnr Commercial and Windsor Roads, Rouse Hill.
- Kokoroya Shops 1 and 2, 665-667 Anzac Parade Maroubra, 8347 2226.
- Love Grub 38 Mitchell Road, Alexandria, 9318 2323.
- Babycino‘s Cafe Shop 12, 27-31 Crinan Street, Hurlstone Park, 9554 6986.
- Barzura 62 Carr Street, Coogee, 9665 5546.
Bellagio in Waverley has increased business for itself since it started targeting families, offering free babycinos and building an outside play area with a cubby house, bikes and toys.
Even small cafes are going the extra mile for children. Love Grub in Alexandria has taken over a tiny grassed area next door and created a community garden with herbs, free for children to take home and learn that food “doesn’t just come from a supermarket”, owner Jacqui Stanton says.